The mission of Indiana Association of Home Educators Action (IAHE Action) is to protect Hoosier home education freedom and parental rights by influencing the legislative process. We encourage Indiana home educators to stay vigilant in order to maintain the liberty that has been gained over the years. We do not take our freedom for granted. IAHE Action understands that it must be guarded for the benefit of current and future home-educating families.
Our Latest Posts
- 2023 Legislative Session Wrap-UpIn the wee hours of Friday April 29th, the 123rd Indiana General Assembly came to a close. Many bills now await Governor Holcomb’s signature, signing the bill into law, or veto. The Governor has 7 days to complete this process. If he does not move on the bill, on day 8, it automatically becomes a … Read more
- Download the 2022 Candidate Survey ReportOur 2022 Candidate Survey Report is live! Now, more than ever, it is important to know the positions of the candidates wanting to represent the homeschool community. Highlights that you might be encouraged by… Of candidates surveyed: 80% support homeschooling as it is currently regulated 90% are familiar with the differences between homeschooling and virtual … Read more
- Target: HomeschoolersAn Arizona ed-tech company and charter school, Colearn Academy, is targeting Indiana homeschoolers for recruitment to a new virtual public school charter. Seeking a new virtual charter through Education One, the charter authorizer of Trine University, Colearn Academy Indiana (CAI) and its leaders began promoting themselves in the Indiana homeschool community as “a new homeschool … Read more
- 2022 Legislative Wrap-upThe 2022 Indiana General Assembly session has concluded. Daily, the IAHE Action team diligently monitored bills potentially affecting your homeschool freedoms. Here is a look at what occurred during this legislative session! The session began with the team on alert for issues that could create unintended consequences for homeschool families. We monitor trends seen in … Read more
- Count Day Walkout Plans Leave Homeschoolers as Monkey In the MiddleYou may recall the common playground game of Monkey In the Middle. When among good-natured friends, it is an amusing pastime at recess. However, even among friends, it becomes tedious and frustrating when one individual is constantly tasked as the “monkey.” This is the current situation of homeschooling in Indiana. Two years ago, before the … Read more
How to Help IAHE Action
We understand that the freedom to home educate our children can be lost at any point, and we strive to be vigilant in monitoring potential changes at both the state and federal levels.
1.) Stay Informed: Join our email list and blog so that you will be notified of legislative updates. We are separate from our sister organization, the Indiana Association of Home Educators (IAHE), so our email lists are not the same.
2.) Volunteer: Our Government Affairs team works year-round to monitor threats to homeschool freedom. Let us know if you have an interest in being part of our Government Affairs team. Contact us for more information.
3.) Donate: Indiana Association of Home Educators Action, Inc. is a 501(c)(4) organization that accepts your non-tax-deductible donations.